Recognizing the importance of budgeting for older adults living on a fixed income, Ventura County Credit Union (VCCU) has partnered with the Ventura County Area Agency on Aging (VCAAA) to hold “Living Within Your Means” seminars. These financial education workshops are open to everyone, although they are primarily tailored to the senior community.
The seminars will focus on living on a fixed income, covering topics such as identifying what is a necessity and what isn’t, downsizing, and managing bills. Attendees will also have the opportunity to ask questions and learn about relevant Ventura County resources. The upcoming seminars are listed below:
- May 9, 2018 from 10-11 a.m. (English) – Camarillo Library
- July 10, 2018 from 10-11 a.m. (English) – Ventura E.P. Foster Topping Room
- Aug. 14, 2018 from 10-11 a.m. (English) – Camarillo Library
- Sept. 12, 2018 from 10-12 p.m. (English and Spanish) – South Oxnard Senior Center
- Oct. 16, 2018 from 10-11 a.m. (English) – Thousand Oaks Goebel Senior Adult Center
- Nov. 14, 2018 from 10-12 p.m. (English and Spanish) – Santa Paula (location TBD)
- Feb. 5, 2019 from 10-11 a.m. (English) – Simi Valley Senior Center
- April 16, 2019 from 10-11 a.m. (English) – HELP of Ojai
- May 21, 2019 from 10-11 a.m. (English) – Ventura E.P. Foster Topping Room
VCAAA is responsible for promoting the development and implementation of a system of care that enables older individuals and caregivers to live in a community-based setting and advocate for the needs of those 60 years of age and older in the county. VCCU’s initial partnership with VCAAA began in 2015, and for the past three years, the credit union has continued to work with the agency to provide financial education for seniors in the community.
ABOUT VENTURA COUNTY CREDIT UNION
Ventura County Credit Union was chartered in 1950. It is the largest credit union headquartered in Ventura County, with eight offices, more than 80,000 members and more than $800 million in total assets. VCCU offers a complete line of loans, federally insured savings, 24-hour electronic access services and more. Call 1-800-339-0496 or visit http://www.vccuonline.net for more information.
ABOUT VENTURA COUNTY AREA AGENCY ON AGING
The Ventura County Area Agency on Aging, an agency of the County of Ventura, is the principal agency in Ventura County charged with the responsibility to promote the development and implementation of a comprehensive coordinated system of care that enables older individuals and their caregivers to live in a community-based setting and to advocate for the needs of those 60 years of age and older in the county, providing leadership and promoting citizen involvement in the planning process as well as in the delivery of services.